Old 22-07-2004, 06:48 PM
William Wagner

Default Novice Question.

In article ,
"Santos D. Santiago" wrote:

Oops! I should have put that in the thread. They are all rectangular beds
the largest bed is about 7ft wide and 1ft long. The other two are 5ft wide
and 1ft long. Another thing I should have mentioned is that I prefer
getting these beds ready and planted this summer (if it's possible of
course). Now, if pulling the weeds manually I'm assuming I would have to
dig into the weed to get the whole root correct? How about the grass?

Ok, last question for now, I promise ). If I pull all this out manually
is there a need for tilling afterwards?

You can mentally divide your beds into smaller division and work on one
at a time. If someone gives you a new plant plant it where you wish
with the knowledge that small plants can turn into big ones. However
since gardening is forgiving with the exception of introducing some
nasty that wants to take over the world you can always transplant latter.

Hoes and Forks and Spades do the same as a tiller.

William (Bill)

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade
There is atleast one word misspelled deliberately in the above post. )