Old 22-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Wil

Default Novice Question.

"Santos D. Santiago" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a very novice question. I have three flower beds in my house.

Right
now they are in very bad shape, they don't have any flowers only weeds and
grass. I want to resurrect these flower beds if you will. My question is
what is the best method to getting rid of the grass/weeds and getting the
beds ready for planting. I am aware that I will have to use a tiller to

get
the soil nice and ready but do I have to kill the grass first w/Roundup

lets
say? If so how long do I have to wait before I till the ground and plant?

I also would like to know what is the best thing to do to prevent grass &
weeds from growing there again. Should I put tons of mulch, fabric?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.
In addition to my other suggestions, I love the hoe that looks like a
stirrup and rocks back and forth with the hoeing motion, and cuts both ways.
I think it is called a Stirrup Hoe, not sure. You can find one at Lowes.

Wil