Old 29-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Ultra Modern Daylilies

(Cat) in
:

In article ,
Bobby Baxter wrote:
Moments ago we updated the Frank Smith Daylilies web site with his
fall 2004 introductions. If you are interested in seeing some of the
most sought after daylilies on this planet then you should take look.
These are some remarkable beauties and many will be sold out within
the next 48 hours and the $200 prices do not deter the diehard daylily
fanatics.

Leaving aside the question of whether advertising in this group is a
good thing, I have to say that these daylilies look... well - rather
like dustcovers ;

Perhaps I'm old fashioned in the flowers that I like, but I really
can't work up any enthusiasm over the fussy ruffles that really
obscure what should be a beautifully shaped flower.

agree, they look like ruffley props from an old monty python skit.

tho these two have interesting color pattern
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...unday_sandals-
350.jpg&imgrefurl=http://franksmithdaylilies.com/cultivars/sunday_sandals.htm&h=334&w=350&sz=48&tbnid=6pvdMog nhm
YJ:&tbnh=110&tbnw=115&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsite:franksmithdaylilies.com%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUT
F-8%26safe%3Doff

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...ridey_greeson-
350.jpg&imgrefurl=http://franksmithdaylilies.com/galleries/future_intros.htm&h=259&w=350&sz=35&tbnid=8b_OSEeW AA0J:
&tbnh=85&tbnw=114&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsite:franksmithdaylilies.com%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-
8%26safe%3Doff

the imgs appear to be very manipukated or overly edited?

More generally, it seems that many of the recent cultivars are aiming
more for shock value than attractiveness - or features like repeat
blooms and scent - which is a crying shame.

agree. i do like some of the spiders which can be semi-shocking and freaky, yet still pretty

cheers!