Old 22-07-2004, 06:48 PM
paghat

Default Russian sage question.

In article ,
(Karen) wrote:

"Jutta Haas" wrote in message

e.rogers.com...
i have a similar problem. No growth, no blooms. What gives?

"Bob S." wrote in message
om...
I planted Russian sage as an ornamental last fall. It wintered over
just fine and began new growth in the spring. When it got to about
12-14" tall, the tips curl and die. The bottom portion of the plants
remain green, but the plants haven't grown a bit since. They are
planted in full sun and get "adequate" water. The other plants in the
bed are growing ok. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bob S.

I have to agree with the other poster. If the other plants are fine in
the same flower bed, then it's too rich soil and too much water for
Russian sage.

That'd be my guess too. Mine have been very slow growing in an
almost-never-watered location with no attention, but the two clumps bloom
gorgeously every year, & every year are just a tiny bit bigger. It might
grow a little faster if I watered it occasionally; but it'd likely do
awful if I watered it regularly.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: