Old 23-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Bob S.

Default Russian sage question.

(Karen) wrote in message . com...
"Jutta Haas" wrote in message e.rogers.com...
i have a similar problem. No growth, no blooms. What gives?

"Bob S." wrote in message
om...
I planted Russian sage as an ornamental last fall. It wintered over
just fine and began new growth in the spring. When it got to about
12-14" tall, the tips curl and die. The bottom portion of the plants
remain green, but the plants haven't grown a bit since. They are
planted in full sun and get "adequate" water. The other plants in the
bed are growing ok. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bob S.

I have to agree with the other poster. If the other plants are fine in
the same flower bed, then it's too rich soil and too much water for
Russian sage.

Thanks. I quit watering after the other plants got established but
these heavy rains every other day are not helping the situation. The
soil was poor (sandy clay) until I tilled in some compost. I wouldn't
think the soil is too rich, but water could definitely be the problem.
I am seeing a little new growth so maybe they'll make it.

Bob S.