Old 26-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] sudden increase of leaf loss of our fukien tree

Fukien Tea's LOVE being outside - just not in direct sunlight. Mine are currently located where they have slightly filtered morning to just after noon sun and are absolutely thriving after barely making it through the extra long winter. Inside, they are especially prone to scale - see if the "black spots" will scrape off with your finger nail. I have twice now experienced a significant loss of leaves a couple of weeks after using the soap - oil - alcohol solution, so that MAY be it. I'm pretty sure Craig uses the solution on nearly everything and hasn't noticed any detrimental effects - so it may be just me. The addition of light(s) will help - but if at all possible, try to get it outside during the summer.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++