Old 26-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Root growing from cuttings

I have experience using the gel, but it was not used on root cutting. It was used to jumpstart Korean Hornbeams, which were bare-rooted and shipped to the US.
I would say that 70 percent of the trees made it, but I cannot attribute it solely to the Root2 Gel. It seems to have made a difference, but we did not set up a controlled experiment.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob
In a message dated 7/26/2004 2:14:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Dan Voicu writes:

I'm having trouble growing roots from hardwood cuttings. I bought a gel
root stimulator and dipped the cuttings in it and put them in a growing
medium. I kept them moist but they havent grown any roots and the've dried
out and blakened. Should I leave cuttings in the gel for 24 hours and then
put them in dirt?..or what should I do? Also, which root stimulators are
better, the liquid ones or powder ones?

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++