Old 26-07-2004, 05:02 PM
April1201

Default Koi in the winter

Subject: Koi in the winter
From: "Mickey"
Date: 07/24/2004 4:13 PM Pacific Standard Time
Wrote:
I built in indoor pond out of landscape timbers. I stacked them like a log
cabin nailing them together with spikes. Put rigid insulation down on the
floor and the sides. Then I bought a pond liner fairly cheap in the fall
when the stores were selling out of the left overs. I keep my house about
70°F during the winter so the fish were fine.
This is what we did for our outside pond. I stained it, put on several coats of
waterproofing, put in insulation, stuck in a liner, put two leather strips on
the ends like handles, then put old fashioned travel stickers on the outside.
It looks like an old fashioned steamer trunk. The size is 6x4, and we love it.
We put a ledge of a few inches all around it. You can sit and look in relaxed
with your arms on the wood and diet coke sitting next to you.