Old 29-07-2004, 05:11 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Keeping Purple (or black) Calocasia (?) over....

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
The "Black Magic Taro" sounds like what you have. For my taro, which

grows
to be about 200 to 300 pounds over the summer and then again over the
winter, (heated pond) I remove one of the plants that grows from the side

as
a runner and start it over.

* I lost another Taro (a green one) that way when it didn't survive the
winter indoors. Do you dry off the one you keep or keep it in water?

The rest of the plant makes a one way trip to
the compost pile.

* I would rather keep a few over if possible....

It has jumped the pot and survives in the soil right at
the cover and now completely obscures one side of my pond. I have a major
job this fall to remove much of it, or I won't be able to get the cover

on.
--
Carol....
~~~~~~{@