Old 29-07-2004, 01:18 PM
GFRfan

Default Mower won't mulch like it used to

Bob wrote:
"DaveL" wrote in message ...

I have tried all the following with no success:

There has got to be something simple I am missing, but I sure can't
figure out what it is.......

It sure sounds like you have all the right things and then some. Perhaps
there are other reasons. At one point you mentioned that in recent years,
it has not been mulching good. Are you mowing a different grass?

No doubt this problem can be fixed. But, without seeing it, I am at a
loss. Your descriptions are good, but are only what you observe.
Sometimes a different person may notice something that someone else has
overlooked and therefore could not include in a verbal/written description.

I'd suggest taking it to a local mower shop - not a large company like Sears
that sells mowers - just a fixit shop where you can talk to the owner,
manager, and mechanic (all in one person). Just talking doesn't cost,
and he might look at it as a challange (I know I would) and get real
interested in the problem.

Sorry I can't come up with anything better than this to offer.

Bob

Just a thought.
How long are you letting the grass get and how much are you cutting off?
1/3 the height of the grass is what's recommended. Mulchers don't work
very well in tall grass.