Old 26-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Tim

Default Sears mower deck problem

are the blades level? My 50" deck is "bent" from heavy mowing so the middle
blade leans a bit due to the belt pull.

"Desmond Cockburn" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I am having a problem with a Sears 42 inch EZ3 mower deck.

This mower is about 7 years old and the motor runs fine. Lets see, how

can
I describe this? One blade cut lower at the point where the blades pass
each other in the middle.

The level of the deck itself is spot on with the deck down in the mow
position. With the mower jacked up the blades appear to be level in the
middle where the blades meet. The left blade cuts maybe a half to three
quarters of an inch deeper than the right blade, again, where the blades
meet in the middle.

This deck has cut this way for about three years and is not the first

Sears
I have had this problem with. Last year I replaced the blade shafts and
housings but the problem has returned by the end of mowing season. I put

on
a new set of blades each spring. I have placed the blades atop one

another
and neither blade is bent.

The shafts and housings are 90 bucks for the two and a new complete deck

is
about $450.00.

Any ideas on how to cure this problem, short of replacing the mower with a
Deere ? Your assistance is appreciated.

Des, the Bewildered.