Old 29-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Pinball Queen

Default Moving a peach tree

I have a (peach?) bush, it could be apricot but I doubt it. I inherited
it from the former house owner. Anyway, I live on a acre and this
bush/tree is in an undesirable place. The fruit on this tree comes in
small, and I'm really not sure what it is. I figured if I moved it I
might solve 2 problems. It will be closer to the house, and I may have
the opportunity to split the tree into 2 entities, that way if it's a
pollination problem that's keeping the fruit small, I may get some
decent trees (bushes) out of this maneuver.

The question is, what's the best way (how?) to move /split this bush?
It's a fairly large bush, and when I move it I will cut it back
considerably.

Another question, if this is a bush, can I train it so it's more of a
tree? This plant has been neglected for some time, so I'm trying to give
it some TLC for it to reach it's potential.

PQ