Old 29-07-2004, 03:56 PM
BobWu

Default "The Estimative Index" contradicting with PMDD?

Tom, thanks for typing in the detailed explanation of your practice.
If I read your post correctly, you are suggesting keeping a balanced
dose of fertilizer (no limit on anything). I'm sure it will make
plants happy, however, will you end up growing plants AND algae at the
same time? I know in practice your tank doesn't have algae, but did
you try to explain why algae don't grow with plenty of fertilizer and
strong light? (BTW, how long do you light your tank a day?)

Also, you said that you "trim about 1/4-1/3 off the bottom", do you
mean you trim 1/4-1/3 off (remove top growth) or only leave 1/4-1/3
from the bottom?

Thanks again.