Old 26-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Can ants cause structural damage?

In article ,
Klara wrote:

Thanks, Nick, that sounds reassuring - I think? Do you really think it's
ok to just leave them? We would much rather ... but we are going to have
to sell up when we retire. What effect will it have on resale value?

Subject to my advice being worth what you paid for it, yes. But
you may want to ask professional advise to cover yourself, though
the trouble is so many experts advise treatment just to cover
themselves! You have to make up your own mind about whether the
nest is likely to cause trouble.

As far as selling up is concerned, killing ants in the walls is
cheap and easy. Dealing with rot and rising damp isn't, for
example.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.