Old 29-07-2004, 04:40 AM
Alan Gould

Default Cultivators

In article , Dogger
writes
I have just got hold of a Al-Ko MH3500 Farmer Cultivator, but the old
boy I got it from was a "little confused" (and NO I did not rip him
off). Its a 4 stroke with a seperate oil tank. Does it take normal
engine oil? Secondly anyone got a hand book I could gab a copy of for
details like spark plugs. Thirdly anyone know where t get spares. The
Al-ko site will only let you on to the parts page with a password.

Any 4-stroke engine needs an oil supply, usually normal mulitgrade car
engine oil is suitable. 2-stroke engines are lubricated by oil mixed
into the fuel at a recommended rate, i.e 20-1, 50-1 etc. In the case of
2-stroke chain saws, an oil tank is fitted for chain lubrication. For
that, chain oil is used - a tacky oil which should not enter the engine.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.