Old 29-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Joe Sandlin" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:03:03 +0000, Vox Humana wrote:

....but if there is some new stringent return policy at HD, that is yet
another reason to shop elsewhere.

The problem that these stores have is not with someone buying extra nuts
and bolts and returning what's not used, but with equipment. I know a guy
who's very proud of the fact that every fall he "buys" a ladder from
Lowes, cleans out his gutters, then returns the ladder. No worries about
cost, storage, etc. I have heard that HD (and others) are modifying
their return policies to try to put a stop to that kind of abuse. Hard to
fault them for that.

I have no problem with that. They should have explained the new policy
instead of trying to put some spin on it that provided no information.