Old 29-07-2004, 05:59 PM
HA HA Budys Here

Default Home Depot politics

From: "Joe Sandlin"

The problem that these stores have is not with someone buying extra nuts
and bolts and returning what's not used, but with equipment. I know a guy
who's very proud of the fact that every fall he "buys" a ladder from
Lowes, cleans out his gutters, then returns the ladder. No worries about
cost, storage, etc. I have heard that HD (and others) are modifying
their return policies to try to put a stop to that kind of abuse. Hard to
fault them for that.

As with any policy, there will always be someone who figures out how to abuse
it, or circumvent it.

I saw a woman try to retun a 1/2 dead flat of annuals. It was very early in the
season and we had a frost. She had planted them and dug them back up
post-mortum.

They wouldn't allow the return, because the flat was sold as a flat, not the
few individual plants she wanted credit for. I was glad HD stuck to their guns,
but, if I were a lawyer, I'd claim they did at the time, have banners all over
proclaiming "Satisfaction Guranteed or your money back." No conditions, no "*"
followed by fine print.

Taken to the letter, if I were to purchase a lawn mower and become dissatisfied
3 years into use, i *should* be able to return it, no?