Old 29-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Joe Sandlin

Default Home Depot politics

Warren wrote:

Sometimes the bottom line is served best by having an outrageously
liberal return policy that is obviously abusable. Sometimes the bottom
line is served best with a "no returns" policy. The bigger the company,
the more they've likely pondered the return policy, and it's big-picture
effects.

Good point. I'd love to chat, but I need to run to HD and buy a conduit
bending tool for a once in a lifetime outdoor electrical wiring project.
Sure hope it's not the wrong color or I'll have to return it.

Seriously, I understand your point. I guess that HD and others have
evaluated their policy and decided its just too darned liberal.

The blame is squarely on the shoulders of those who abuse the liberal
policy, not those who are forced to rescind it because of jerks.