Old 24-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Just Molly

Default Beautiful dwarf peach...

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Matthew Durkin
writes
Hi All,
I recently saw a most beautiful dwarf peach tree for sale with vivid deep
red leaves. It was about 1.5' tall. However, the label said that it most
likely wouldn't fruit except in rare occasions.
I have a couple of questions:
Why would it occasionally fruit?

It's not really warm enough here for peaches, so it would only fruit in
the occasional warm season, especially if grown outside.

Is there a similar variety that would regularly fruit?
I have a very small garden, so have to choose plants carefully - I loved
this tree (especially the leaf colour), but it would be nice if it

fruited
as well.
If anyone knows of a variety that would that would be great!
Thanks,
Matthew

My bog standard peach tree fruits every year. Masses of large juicy
peaches. It is in a sheltered and sunny position in north Cambs.