Old 29-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Johnny

Default How to rid of tedpoles

Not an option for me. I have tons of mollies, platys, fancy guppies and
swordtails in my pond. These fish would definetely eat all my fish. Or at
least the frys. It's not my intention to kill the tadpoles only if I can
prevent it from apearing in my pond. For now I'm netting them out bit by
bit.that I throw it in the lake near by. There's too much of them and it's
getting to me. It's very hard to net just them without netting the frys. My
pon is not that big to ignore the presents of tadpoles. Feeding also a
problem cause the tadpoles usually get the best of it. So far before this I
manage to take the frog out before they manage to lay and even then I
usually scoop put the eggs out. But this time I must have miss out the eggs
and now there's thousands of them swimming with my beautifull fish.
I just can't imagine thousands of little frogs jumping around in my yard.
Johnny

"Lostin1999" wrote in message

"SVTKate" wrote in message
ink.net...
in MY case, because there are a million of them they are on the SECOND
hatching and even though my pond is about 100 yards from the back porch

the
racket the frogs make will drive you back into the house.
Add to that that frogs are snake bait....

You see where I am with this.

Kate

threes your answer... natural predation.....

to the op, how about getting a small catfish (or goldfish) to eat the
tadpoles?? they never last more than a few minutes in my pond before they
are fish food.. (free and natural balance)

HATH

Lost