Old 29-07-2004, 04:40 PM
tennis maynard

Default ooii orchid and Phragimipaphium pictures

Pat Brennan wrote:
It is crime to own plants of Ooii, flasks of seedlings of it, or any hybrid
which contains Ooii as a parent here in the US. The same is basically true
for all the newly discovered paphs shown on Dr. Tanaka's web site. (I have
heard there are some legal vietnamense out there now.) It does not seem
that Taiwan is playing by the same rules and you may see vendors from there
selling flasks with these plants at a US orchid show. Read the current
Arias Sentenced thread or better yet Orchid Fever before getting involved
with illegal plants.

On the legal side, Dr. Tanaka's web site also documents the results of a
cross between Phrag besseae X Paph malipoense.

http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/peopl...ial/enbxm.html

Pat

Yes, it is a crime here (US) in "the land of the free", but they and all
the other new paph species are available everywhere else in the world,
iuncluding a few miles over the border in Canada. Just not here. Odd
turn of events. But we are no longer free, and this is only one piece of
the puzzle.