Old 29-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Sean Dinh

Default green water - long - sick pond form

Hang in there. Green water is not the end of ponding. As a matter of fact, I
like green water more than clear water. Occasional glimpses of surfacing fish
are more satisfying then seeing all the fish. However, I rather have the pond
covered with green duck weed than algae. My Koi and GF do not allow me to have
duckweed.

The weather in SoCal this year is quite cool. So, the WH in the settling tanks
are not growing. They had a growth spurt during some hot days. They're now
dying. What is weird is that all the plants in the pond are growing well,
especially the cattail. I have success with clear water with no filtration on
small scale. I'm still trying on my pond.

The definitive answer to green water is UV light. It disrupts Algae cell's DNA.
Algae can't reproduce.

elaine wrote:

suspended algae/pea soup pond