Old 30-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Cork Mounting Question

Wendy,

Last year at the National Capitol Orchid Society Show there was an exhibit
where someone had a couple of plants on the inside of a cork mount. It
looked like the orchids were growing inside of a boat.

Could your problem be that the type of plant does not appreciate a smooth
surface to grab onto. I have a couple of chilochistas that I'm trying to
grow on the outside of bark and they just don't want to grab on. I have
heard that they prefer a very smooth surface.

Gene

"Wendy" wrote in message
I have noticed that over the years I have mounted some orchids
on the inside of a round hollow piece of cork.
The plants struggle & I have lost a couple.
The inside of the cork has a dark lining if you will on it.
Could this be a poison to the plants?
Cheers Wendy