Old 30-07-2004, 02:08 AM
RichToyBox

Default Good picture link of a pond in Hawaii!

I haven't found that the use of PP kills algae. I am sure that if you use
enough, it might. But at that level it would probably kill fish. PP is
great for making the water sparkle, but most of that I attribute to the
killing of any bacterial cloud, and burning of the protein layer.
--
RichToyBox
"Gareee©" wrote in message
So potassium permanganate isn't harmful to wildlife, but kills the algae.

Wonder if it's avaiable anywhere, as a replacement for the Barley Straw?

There might be some generic version of it availabel cheaply.

--
Gareee©
Homepage: