Old 30-07-2004, 02:15 AM
George

Default Good picture link of a pond in Hawaii!

"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
"Gareee©" wrote in message
So potassium permanganate isn't harmful to wildlife, but kills the algae.

Wonder if it's avaiable anywhere, as a replacement for the Barley Straw?

There might be some generic version of it availabel cheaply.

?? A generic for a chemical compound ?? Why didn't we all think of that?
--
Crashj

I would think that it would not be very easy to obtain since it is a strong
oxider, and its heat of reaction with reducing agents or combustibles may cause
ignition. Contact with oxidizable substances may cause extremely violent
combustion (explosion). Given the current climate regarding terrorism, I would
suspect that it would be restricted in its sale and usage.

Here is a link to a material safety data sheet (MSDS) on it:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/p6005.htm

It is not a chemical to be handled casually.