Old 30-07-2004, 12:36 PM
bigboard

Default Courgette Catastrophe

Jill wrote:

andrewpreece Wrote:
My first attempt at growing courgettes ( in the greenhouse ) is going
badly wrong. There is a little bit of white mould on the leaves,
though
nothing too serious, but every time a courgette gets going, the flower
end
goes yellow, then brown and soft, then rot proceeds back towards the
base,
the courgette eventually ending up as a soggy rotten blob covered in
grey
mould. Is there an effective cure?

thanks,

Andy.

I have a similar problem on outdoor courgettes yet the same plants are
also producing some excellent (and enormous) vegetables. Have you
found out what this is?

This happened to me as well. The rot seems to start from where the flower
attaches to the fruit, so I break the flowers off now as soon as they are
fertilised. I've had no problems since.

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."