Old 30-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Japanese Zelkova

"Edwin Davidson" wrote in message
m...
I am interested in planting Japanese Zelkova in my yard as I feel it
is the most appropriate match for what I am looking for. I want a
fast growing tree that can live in SW Missouri USA, has no/low fruit
cleanup, low health problems, and a good, tall shade tree. (I
already have short fruit trees on the property for the wildlife -
apple/crabapple/pear.)

The Japanese Zelkova seems to match my desires better than any other
tree I have researched.

The problem is I cannot locate someone that sells these. Is there
another name for these that I would have better luck with? Any links
to websites that sell these? The ones I have found on Google search
either are not in stock, outside the USA, or are Bonzi trees.

Thanks!

Edwin Davidson.

http://www.ruppertnurseries.com/contact.htm
http://www.willamettenurseries.com/w...ornamental.htm
http://campbellferrara.com/gardencenter.php?pg=202
http://www.tripleoaks.com/artdisplay.php?id=28
http://www.esva.net/~tankardnur/index.htm
http://www.sugarhillnurseriesllc.com/contact.htm
http://www.forestfarm.com/
http://www.midwestplants.com/ByState.../missouri.html

That should get you started, however Zelkovas are quite highly recommended
for your location and should be pretty readily available at any good local
nursery or garden center.

pam - gardengal