Old 30-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

Default Please help identify these herbs...

.... because I was too dim to label them when I planted them. Doh.

http://littleurl.com/?01k6

There's a shot of the group of herbs (to give an idea of scale) and separate
shots of each herb. There are four. In the seed packet were thai basil,
thyme, summer savoury, oregano, majoram and dill, so these are the likely
suspects I suppose (I could have forgetten what was in the packet though so
the list isn't rigidly limited to those I mentioned.)
I don't remember which ones I planted where but I know I didn't plant all of
them so that's why there's only four.
Dill I've got in another pot so I'm pretty sure none of them are dill - I
know what that one looks like.

All the pictures I can find on the web of the likely suspects show the plant
from a distance - not enough detail for a visually impaired bod like me to
clearly identify them. I can say that the one with the tiny white flowers in
a ball formation smells very strongly, like pizzas ! Oregano ?

Excuse my ignorance but my herb growing extended to lemon balm, lavender and
parsley before this year which I have no trouble identifying because they
are very uniquely smelly and very obvious in their shape. However I don't
know what the possibles in the list above are supposed to smell like !

Remind me to label them if they're all in the same pot next year !

TIA

Rachael