Old 24-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Phisherman

Default Zygocactus/Xmas Cactus

On 23 Jul 2004 11:15:45 -0700, (A. Turner) wrote:

Hi Fellow Gardeners:

I have 2 Xmas Cactus plants inside my home that are growing wild!
They bloom beautifully, but are really overgrown for the size of the
pot. Very difficult to manage/water them.

What is the safest way to trim these plants? Where should the cut be
positioned? Anything I need to watch out for?

Adam

I have several varieties of zygocactus. Mine become lop-sided if not
pruned. At the end of the rest period, I cut back the plant perhaps 3
or 4 nodes and make the plant symmetrical. That is a good time to
repot the plant, if needed. I would not trim the plant at this
(actively growing) time. I don't understand how a plant can be
difficult to manage or water (?)