Old 30-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Ron Hardin

Default How to Stop Overgrowth Behind Garage

Get a scythe with a brush blade and work is reduced to mere seconds ...

http://www.scythesupply.com/

Get the ``outfit'' with the 16" Styria Brush Blade rather than a grass
blade, for close work. Also they have to substitute the ring to
accommodate this heavier blade (ask for this).

I mention it because I find it a great hobby for the moment.

Just the slightest movement of this blade takes out light brush,
there's no swinging or hacking. Outfit comes with sharpening stone.
This is one case where a scythe is faster than a motor.

I assume you're not also interested in also scything the lawn (instead
of mowing), or I'd recommend some grass blades too.

If you also want to take out grass behind the garages, order later
a short grass blade, if the brush blade isn't quick enough for you.
It's not designed for mowing but will work, just a little slowly
if there's much area.
--
Ron Hardin