Old 30-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Anacharis

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
. ..
I'm so confused. On two different occasions I have been given

'Anacharis'.
The plants are similar but different. I shouldnt confuse the issue since

know there is another plant with this name but one I would say looks like

coons tail - leaves growing fairly densely together and curled upward.

The
other the leaves are not as close together and seem to grow more straight
out. I have tried to research it myself but even various sites seem to
almost interchange pictures with elodea and egeria. Partially its just
another one of those pond things I want to know. But also the less dense
variety my goldfish went crazy over. I was given quite a lot and in a
fairly short time there is none I can find to take a picture of. They do
nibble at the other variety but not near as voraciously.

Good links in this thread. Thanks guys! I am adding them to iheartmypond.com
today!

BV.