Old 30-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Window sill gardening

"Mark Blewett" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:31:12 +0100, bigboard
wrote:

Mark Blewett wrote:

I'm a relatively newcomer to gardening.. and looking for some
ideas/thoughts for someone who has no garden.. just 2 very large

south
facing windows.

Over the last couple of years, I've grown in pots: various herbs,
tomato's, chillies and even had a go at some salad

leaves/radishes
with mix success. As you may well already guessed.. I like food

and
cooking and hence prefer to grow something that is edible!

Onto the question... in uk.food+drink.misc there was a

part-thread
about peaches (and patio variaties).. which got me thinking (ok
hoping).. could these grow indoors? If not what would be a good

choice
fruit for growing indoors in a pot?

Thanks for any ideas and thoughts would really be appreciated.

Regards
Mark
(An enthusiastic newbee!)

I don't know how big your growing area is, but I'd have thought a

peach tree
would be a bit big.

What sort of size are the smaller (dwarf/patio) varities? BTW the
windows about 8" square and the room is approx 11" high... a
reasonable sized space.

It sounds slightly larger than Queen Mary's doll's house. ( Or was it
Queen Victoria's?) {:-))

Franz