Old 25-07-2004, 04:30 PM
cross

Default Using milk for Blackspot

It was discussed here years ago and people said that it worked. I think
it is one part milk to ten parts water.

Wouldn't the residue encourage fungal and algal growth?

I'll let you know!
The climber up the front of the house is hideously disfigured with
blackspot this year ( it always succumbs....haven't got a clue what
variety the rose is ).
It certainly can't get any worse - so I'll dose it up with the
solution and see what happens.

Oh...full fat or semi skimmed d'you think?

Regards,
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

I thought I would treat one too to as a test, semi-skimmed because that is
what we use.

The reason I asked is that the Rose Society are asking people to tell them
about any organic rose treatments that they use. They were giving out
leaflets at Hampton Court Flower Show, titled "Can Roses be Green".

Any other ideas?

Marina
E. Sx