Old 30-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Kay

Default Crocosmia question

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
In the early spring, I planted a dozen corms of a *yellow* crocosmia.
( The variety was not specified in any more detail
{:-((
The plants are thriving, with the leaves now approximately 40 cm long.
They were planted about 1.5 metres from a floriferous group of
"Lucifer, receiving very similar light, and in very similar soil
There is as yet no sign at all of any flower stems. Is it usual for
newly planted Crocosmia corms not to yield flowering plants in the
year of planting?

Have a bit of patience! Some of my crocosmia have a few flower stems,
but most of them have no sign at all yet, and you're north of me!
--
Kay