Old 30-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Kay

Default Window sill gardening

In article , Mark Blewett
writes

Yes I do have a very big window (8" x 8").. and love figs. I'll
definetly have to investigate this idea! Have you any experience in
varieties?

No. I have a Brown Turkey, which is the most commonly grown in the UK,
and I find its fruits richer and more luscious than the dark blue figs
in the shops. Try Reads Nursery - they have an informative web site,
and I'm pretty sure they do figs.

Strawberries.. a stunning idea.. one which I haven't though of.. it's
now on my to do list. Thanks!

Not fruit, but okra are fun indoors if you haven't tried them yet.

I have to say I'm not a fan of okra.. in fact although I'll eat
anything they are below broad beans in my book of nice things to eat!

They're below broad beans in my book, too, but that places them about
third ;-)
--
Kay