Old 31-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Sue

Default What to Plant in Fall?

Jenny,

Maine Farms Day was just this last weekend... many large perennial
growers/sellers held open house.

If you are wondering what you'd LIKE to plant, visiting the growers with
demonstration gardens is the thing to do this time of year. Get to see
plants in their relationships at the height of the growing season.

It gives you a whole different perspective when you see mixed gardens in a
mature state. You can also take notes of things you WANT to plant
TOGETHER and things you wouldn't want to give garden room.

If you want a marvelous day trip, Fieldstone Gardens in Vassalboro Maine is
top notch. ( usual disclaimer, not affiliated but satisfied customer).

Info from the Maine State Website here
http://www.getrealmaine.com/visit/open_farm_day04.html

You may have these resources where you live, in which case, closer to home
is better.

Sue
Western Maine