Old 31-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Mark" wrote in message
th.net...
In article ,
says...

"Mark" wrote in message
th.net...
In article ,
pamfree says...

Seems to me that you're making the (false) assumption that
gardeners can't be conservative.

That's a peculiar conclusion.

Why is it peculiar? The OP made a point of stating that Mr.
Banks is Republican and supports Republican politicians, and
therefor gardeners (this IS a gardening forum, is it not?)
should not shop at HD.

It seems like an advisory statement to me.
"This is what I heard.

It was a statement of fact (albeit incorrect),not an
opinion.

Statements of fact don't start with a disclaimer about hearing something
second-hand from a friend The reason that your assumption is wrong is that
nowhere did the OP say that if you were a liberal you shouldn't shop at HD.
He/She only pointed out that you should consider the possibility that HD is
a source of RNC funding and act accordingly - and only then if politics
permeates your life. I'm sure that there will be a significant number of
Republicans who don't vote for Bush this year. Some will simply stay home,
others will leave the box for president blank, and still others will vote
for another candidate. The Republican party has deviated away from
reasonable conservative values into the land of NEO-conservatism, AKA,
fascism. Not wanting to support Bush is not proof that your aren't
conservative. In fact, it doesn't look like Nancy Reagan supports Bush and
I sincerely doubt that a true conservative like Barry Goldwater would wipe
his ass with the likes of Bush.