Old 30-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Newbie Bill

Default A funny thing happened.....

BTW - I know there are probably plenty o people out there that have
successfully reared 25 cent feeders. Howeva IMHO I think newbies should be
told this is not a good idea because of the stressfull, disease ridden
conditions they are raised in. I have been told this several times since
and DEFINITELY experienced it. I had many problems with disease and remedies
till I finally got my fish stabalized. Yes I know there are admonitions
about always quarantining your new fish, but I suspect some people buying 25
cent fish to start stocking their ponds do not have a tank.
Bill

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
. ..

"Charles" wrote in message The one with the stripe is probably going
through its color change
from black to gold. Really pretty while going through the change,
then they turn completely gold. The clerk should have explained it to
you, maybe thought you already knew.

Right - when I was first putting any fish in my pond I was buying the

12/24
cent feeders. On one trip I was very meticulous about asking the clerk to
pick out only ones with black markings. I think I learned of their
impending change before it happened but all did change. It was a minor
dissapointment since it was so distinctive. A couple of months later I
noticed they had a 'No Choice' sign posted. Strangely (to me) I believe
one lost a big black band, turned all gold and then almost overnite turned
white.