Old 30-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Jason Garner

Default A funny thing happened.....

Thanks for all your advice everyone,
Cheers,
Jay

"Jason Garner" wrote in message
In my local Fish suppliers :-

I finally brought some fish for my pond, the assistant took me over to a
huge tank of fish and asked me which ones I liked. I had a look and then
said I would like some of the multi coloured Goldfish he said they are
Shubunkins so I pointed to one that had a large stripe down its back "I'll
have that one please" he looked at me with a totally blank look on his

face
and said "that's a Goldfish" after that I just picked ones I liked the

look
of and didn't bother to ask him what they were.

Problem is I now don't know what I have, Stripe is obviously a Goldfish

and
Vader (totally black) has a really long tail so I assume he is a Shubunkin
as for the other five they don't really have any distinguishing features
that I can pick out apart from their different colours and they don't

really
look like either of the other two.

Bearing in mind that as soon as I get near the pond they all dive under

the
pump to hide from me is there any way I can tell what types of fish I have
from say 4-5 foot away please?

I looked at pictures in books but didn't find that any help.

Many Thanks,
Jay