Old 24-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Scott M.

Default Koi in the winter

I live in Ottawa and of course, it will get very cold here in the winter. I
plan to keep most of my fish in the pond and will do all the right things
like keeping the water open etc. What I am contemplating is bring in my four
8 inch Koi into the house for the winter. My plan would be to buy a kiddies
plastic pool, probably 4 feet across and 1 foot deep and put it in my
basement. Is this a good idea? Do the Koi need a cold winter to rest or will
they be alright in my indoor pond? I figure I would aerate the pond, used
timed lights and basically enjoy them over the winter.

Any thoughts out there?

Scott