Old 30-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Erin \(Pacific NW\)

Default Help for an amateur

The normal question is how many more did you bring home when you
had this one repotted? We have all found the hobby quite
addicting and can not stop buying new plants.

Very good point! Well, my partner is a student and I work for a non-profit
organization, so we are quite short on cash. The original orchid was a gift
from me to him for our anniversary and not only did I find it difficult to
choose at that point, but when we went back to have it repotted we also
realized the genius of that store offering to have the first repot done for
free as we surely were tempted.

Amazingly we abstained, but they did point out a few nice ones that made our
mouths water and were, according to The Orchid Lady, good for our level of
inexperience.

Can anyone suggest a good orchid for Pacific Northwest-type climates that a
beginner can grow fairly easily? Per the above story we're looking for
fairly inexpensive, as well :-) Our one orchid cost about $25 and I don't
want to go too far beyond that, if that's possible.

--
__________________________
Erin

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:55:45 -0700, "Erin Out of Boulder"
wrote:

Hello, I'm new to this newsgroups and to orchids as well, so please

excuse
my lack of knowledge. :-)

Tips on which fertilizer to buy and anything else we should be doing? The
orchid people told us at the repotting that the root structure was

looking
very good but that we should increase watering to once every five days

since
it is summer.

Welcome -
I would have to say that Ray has not only posted good advise, his
web site www.firtstrays.com has lost's of other free information
that you might want to research for later questions.

The normal question is how many more did you bring home when you
had this one repotted? We have all found the hobby quite
addicting and can not stop buying new plants.
SuE