Old 30-07-2004, 09:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Arias Sentenced

Subject: Arias Sentenced
From: Dewitt
Date: 7/29/2004 5:53 PM Central Daylight Time
On 29 Jul 2004 19:01:58 GMT,
uckoff
(theoneflasehaddock) wrote:

Your support of orchid smuggling is going to be mentioned on other forums,
where conservation is more of an issue. I hope you don't mind.

Implied or explicit threats are inappropriate on this group. Ray
expressed an opinion, nothing more. For you to take his comment to
other forums where he is not a participant in an attempt to "punish"
him is childish, but I guess we could expect that based on your email
address above.

It may be childish. And it was not intended as a threat, as it has already been
done.

As for "punishing him", I am merely broadcasting his views to a wider audience.
I often wonder why so many orchid growers are apologists for the smugglers,
and/or customers to them. And, having seen Ray as an apologist for some time, I
don't believe he cares about conservation issues. While he has a right not to
care, he is a commercial supplier, albeit a small one, and I believe in
boycotting suppliers that don't believe in following the laws that protect wild
orchids.

Calling that childish is your right, but I don't see how anyone can claim to
care about plants without caring about protecting them in the wild.

-

theoneflasehaddock