Old 30-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Bob Koerber

Default A funny thing happened.....

Jason Garner wrote:

Thanks for all your advice everyone,
Cheers,
Jay

"Jason Garner" wrote in message

In my local Fish suppliers :-

I finally brought some fish for my pond, the assistant took me over to a
huge tank of fish and asked me which ones I liked. I had a look and then
said I would like some of the multi coloured Goldfish he said they are
Shubunkins so I pointed to one that had a large stripe down its back "I'll
have that one please" he looked at me with a totally blank look on his

face

and said "that's a Goldfish" after that I just picked ones I liked the

look

of and didn't bother to ask him what they were.

Problem is I now don't know what I have, Stripe is obviously a Goldfish

and

Vader (totally black) has a really long tail so I assume he is a Shubunkin
as for the other five they don't really have any distinguishing features
that I can pick out apart from their different colours and they don't

really

look like either of the other two.

Bearing in mind that as soon as I get near the pond they all dive under

the

pump to hide from me is there any way I can tell what types of fish I have
from say 4-5 foot away please?

I looked at pictures in books but didn't find that any help.

Many Thanks,
Jay

I have a half a dozen or so "Save Me" goldfish that the kids won at the local schools FallFest. After an extended quaranteen period in the Koi pond they went. Most are normal and have gotten quite large about 8 inches but one, my Daughter's fish Taylor almost overnight went from all gold to half gold and half white and then started growing out it's tail and has the longest most beautiful tail I have ever seen on a goldfish almost the length of the remainder of it's body. Ya just never know what your gonna get.

Bob