Old 26-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Clues on Fumigation

In a message dated 7/26/2004 1:29:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Now I understand
it isn't a good idea to use pesticides in a preemptive way; but, can
someone explain to me why we can do it for fungi?

Claudio

The reasons are much the same no matter what poisons we are using.
There are good fungus in the soil and too much fungicide kills the good and the
bad. It also helps the bad fungus build resistance to the chemical.
In a famous case, I think worldwide, a fungicide (Benlate) killed a
lot of indoor plants growing in greenhouses. The company paid a large
settlement and pulled the chemical.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++