Old 26-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Jay Sinclair

Default [IBC] sudden increase of leaf loss of our fukien tree

David Soukal wrote:

Thank you! We'll do that. Could you, please, recommend some of the
fixtures you use or know of? The best place we can shop here (except
for the Internet, of course) is local Wal-Mart

Ordinary 4 foot shoplights work fine. Use cool white tubes, and hang the
fixture just a few (6 - 8) inches above the foliage. Leave it on for 16
- 18 hours per day. A timer makes this easier. Avoid incandescent (light
bulb) fixtures - they are too hot.

As Alan has already said, your tree will be better off outside as long
as it is warm enough. I don't grow Fukien Tea, but I bring my tropicals
indoors if the night time temperature is expected to drop below 50° F.

Jay
Zone 6, Michigan

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++