Old 31-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Karen

Default Sick Goldfish

In article , "Martha Gillier"
writes:

The symptoms sound like "Dropsey" and the prognosis sound grim!!! :(
My concern is for this fish but also for the health of my other fish.
Has anyone had experience with this? Should I remove? Isolate?

remove it to a separate tank or tub (I used a 5 gallon pail) with an airstone
and raise the water temp to low 80s . put in a grain or two of epsom salt and
keep the water pristine. repeat the 2nd day and half the epsom salt on the 3rd
day. you should see a decrease in the appearance of the scales. keep the
water warm for at least a week and the fish separated for 2 or 3 weeks. do not
feed.

it's worked for me.

Karen
Zone 5