Old 31-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

Default this morning in the garden

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
snip interesting stuff
(If you wish to decide for yourself if this technique actually

works for me
or I am in fact talking total rubbish, go here

http://littleurl.com/?01k5 )

Rachael

No I dont think for one moment that you are talking rubbish :-)

I cannot cope with the technical side of things, I use a digital and
just wander round the garden snapping away at whatever catches my

eye,
mostly the flowers and recording what and where I have got plants, I
tend to lose stuff!

If you are using a digital camera, all the talk of tri- and unipods is
almost certainly irrelevant, since any self-respecting digital camera
would be equipped with electronic anti-shake features.

Sadly not true IME. I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700 - which is widely regarded
as being quite good as digital manual control cameras go (short of a true
dslr). It suffers horribly from camera shake at the longer length zooms if
handheld without prior thought - this is a feature of longer zooms though
and is an issue one finds with alot of digitals with long zooms.

Olympus are the dog's nuts when it comes to image stablisation - they really
are good. Most point and shoot digitals don't suffer the problem much
either - but in certain conditions, you just won't get the shots you wanted
because the cameras metering can't cope with the conditions. Some of the
higher end digitals (like mine) can assume the photographer has some basic
knowledge of difficult shooting conditions - like low light, long zooms,
etc - the more manual control you get, the more chance you have of messing
it up :-) There is only so much camera shake the hardware can cope with -
you have to do the rest !

Rachael