Old 27-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Weeble

Default Home Depot politics

BTW Gates and Microsoft gave to both parties

Shell

"Warren" wrote in message
Zemedelec wrote:
Maybe this is much too off topic, but a friend of mine who is much

more of a
political animal than I am told me HD is heavily supported by rich

Republicans
such as Arthur Blank, the
president of Home Depot, who hosted a dinner
in Atlanta that gave Bush $2.5 million. So any of you whose whole

lives,
including gardening, are permeated with their political convictions

might want
to go to Loew's, etc. if you need to buy at a big chain store.
zemedelec

Based on third-hand information, we should boycott one store, but not
the other? Are you saying the officers of Lowe's don't contribute to
Republicans? Are you saying Lowe's officers contribute to Democrats? Do
you have any real information, or are we going to go nuts based on a
rumor?

Sheesh. If I didn't shop at any stores who's officers or executives gave
to the Republicans, I wouldn't be able to shop at all.

There's a difference between political convictions and silliness.

BTW... Bill Gates is a Democrat. Does that mean Republicans with
convictions don't use Microsoft products? Warren Buffet is a Democrat.
Does that mean Republicans with convictions shouldn't patronize any
companies who's boards he sits on? Silliness.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for the Pacific Northwest gardener:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgardener/index.html