Old 26-07-2004, 09:13 PM
David Soukal

Default [IBC] sudden increase of leaf loss of our fukien tree

Thank you! Since you all recommend taking the plant outside, I'll do
it The thing is that we live in a small appartment building so the
only spot I can put the tree on is the outside stairs that lead to our
appartment (we live in the second floor of an older wooden house).

I thought the plant must have liked being outside since it's very dark
inside. (Our Discover PhD Plat Doctor ;] displays an error reading
which is a symptom of too little light.) It must be true especially
now when we haven't seen sun but for a few hours a day for almost two
weeks.

Thanks to the help of all of you guys, the plant seems to be doing
very well now. We take extra care of making sure it is not overwatered
and we use the extra light for most of the day.

Thanks again,

David (& Eva)

(Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL) wrote in message news:40F6934F9170964AAAD62F1E48579EB8B1F370@RDGML VEM01.e2k.ad.ge.com...
Fukien Tea's LOVE being outside - just not in direct sunlight. Mine

are currently located where they have slightly filtered morning to
just after noon sun and are absolutely thriving after barely making it
through the extra long winter. Inside, they are especially prone to
scale - see if the "black spots" will scrape off with your finger
nail. I have twice now experienced a significant loss of leaves a
couple of weeks after using the soap - oil - alcohol solution, so that
MAY be it. I'm pretty sure Craig uses the solution on nearly
everything and hasn't noticed any detrimental effects - so it may be
just me. The addition of light(s) will help - but if at all possible,
try to get it outside during the summer.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++