Old 31-07-2004, 06:39 PM

Default weeds and thatch

I live in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio. My lawn, in the last 2 months
is getting a lot of weeds and it looks like I have a layer of thatch
between the blades of grass. I have a sprinkler system which waters 3
times a week, however we have had a wet summer so far. I have
fertilized using Scotts brand fertilizer during the cycles described
on the bag but the lawn doesn't look much better. I think I should
thatch the yard but am unsure if I should wait until fall and then
reseed and fertilize again. Is there anything I can do now,
escpecially before the weeds get much worse?